Drawing on the revitalizing power of the Word of God, devotionals offer an opportunity to rejuvenate one’s soul, gladden hearts, and renew one’s sense of purpose. Communal worship can magnify our experience with the Divine, awaken spiritual susceptibilities, create bonds of love and unity, and engender an atmosphere of free and open discussion on matters of import to the life of each individual.
The Baha’is of Yellow Springs host a community devotional once monthly on Sunday at 11:00 am at the Baha’i Center. Our devotionals consist of reading of Sacred Scriptures, prayer, music, fellowship, and refreshments. There is no established ritual and no request for funds.
Home Visits: Devotion and Discussion
This is for those who wish to have a heart to heart talk, want someone to pray with, or perhaps would like to know more about the Baha’i Faith. We have no clergy in the Baha’i Faith, so as each of us learns to minister to the needs of our neighbors it in turn enhances our own spiritual growth. Please invite us as we will be most happy to come, or you have the option of coming to one of our homes as well. (contact)
Study Circles & Classes:
Brilliant Stars ages 5-7
- Create a spiritual identity
- Develop a tender relationship with our creator
- Provide opportunities to practice virtues
The Refuge ages 7-9 9-12
- Listen to our inner voice
- Explore spiritual concepts
- Discover the awe and wonder of creation
Junior-Youth Group ages 12-14
- Discuss spiritual and ethical issues
- Develop a strong sense of purpose
- Decide how to contribute to society
- Take charge of your personal spiritual growth
- Be empowered to be a force for positive change
- Collaborate in acts of service
Frontiers of Learning
Young and old, in cities and villages around the world, are taking part in a process of community building based on concepts enshrined in the Baha’i Teachings. The uplifting film captures the insights and experiences of children, junior youth, youth, and adults—in Canada, Colombia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and India —whose efforts to build vibrant communities are at the frontiers of learning.
Art from Baha’is in Kazakhstan